DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
REACH THE UNREACHED MINISTRIES LTD.
(herein referred to as RTU MINISTRIES)
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
RTU Ministries, 2 Belair Park, Newtownards BT23 4UX is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
RTU Ministries complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
· To enable us to inform interested persons and donors of news and upcoming events.
· To promote the interests of the charity;
· To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications.)
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
· Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid.
· Processing is carried out by RTU Ministries provided: -
o the processing relates only to those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes and
o there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with relevant employees of RTU Ministries for purposes connected with the charity. We will not share your data with any third parties outside of RTU Ministries.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your data until it is no longer needed or you ask us to delete date we hold about you.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
· The right to request a copy of your personal data which RTU Ministries holds about you.
· The right to request that RTU Ministries corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for RTU Ministries to retain such data;
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
· The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable)
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
· The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact
RTU Ministries, 2 Belair Park, Newtownards BT23 4UX, Northern Ireland, UK
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.